free website stats program 110 engine noise | Harley Davidson Forums

110 engine noise

looking for some info on 110 noise, I have a 2010 screaming eagle after runing a wile and oil temp raise's to about 200 I start to hear what sounds like a bad lifter and get louder as it runs longer Harley dealer say's it normal. Anybody have this problem

The dealers will say that just about everything is normal short of the wheels falling off. You may want to check with another dealer.

Make sure the noise isn't coming from a bad head gasket which they are known for on the 110 engines, usually on the rear cylinder.

I would find a new dealer and do not take They All Do That for an answer, you do have warranty right? Let them have a factory rep have a look at it JMO and let us know Good Luck it is too bad you are getting the run around

here's a suggestion;
when the engine is stone cold lightly spray some starting fluid near the gasket area, to see if the prm's go up.

Ask the dealer to crank up any other 110 on the floor see if they make the same noise.

probably not much help, but a good friend had a 110", i have rode it and it is much noisier than my 96", he says hotter also, but i have not been on it that much. as far as base gaskets...if its like the evo motors, grab a LED flashlight, you may be able to see the dampness around the base gaskets if they are just starting to leak. noisier is a valve chatter type noise....anything more and the dealer needs to wake up....

Back