free website stats program 11 FLSTC Mystery Designs Trike Conversion Turn Signal Problems | Harley Davidson Forums

11 FLSTC Mystery Designs Trike Conversion Turn Signal Problems

FLMARENG

We have a 11 FLSTC with Mystery Designs IRS Trike Conversion. No modifications were made to any electrical systems when converted. Turn Signal operation is erratic, cuts off early before turns, fails to cancel after turns. HD dealer says it is due to bikes turn signal system/computer not sensing the lean of the original bike. Any suggestions or similar issues? This is my wife's trike and I am worried as it is a safety concern. I have searched many forums and have not found any similar issues. Thanks for any help.
tp2.jpg

From what I remember... which ain't much... I thought that the automatic turn signal stop was related to speedometer and not lean angle but that may be obsolete before '11... Something like duration at speed or acceleration after application of the signal.

On another note, I see the Vietnam details in your picture there... Say a prayer for one of your comrade's Souls... we lost another one of you on the 12th. Ford Townsend. Not Covid...he was too tough for that. This was Agent Orange cancers...

Thank you for your service and Thank you for coming Home.

My buddy had this problem when he put a sidecar on his '14 Electra Glide. As your dealer said, the TSSM does not detect lean angle. He took it to the HD dealer and they reprogrammed the ECM to the trike mode (which may have simply been to disable it) using the HD digital whatchamacallit. Your dealer should know this procedure.

Back