free website stats program 106" kit | Harley Davidson Forums

106" kit

has anyone tried the 106"kit yet and if so what we're the results( I'm thinking of it)

What 106" kit are you refering to? S&S?? If you have a 2003 model you will have to split cases and replace flywheels to make it a 106" or even a 103" for that matter.

I would just go with a 95" bigbore with some head work and cams.

has anyone tried the 106"kit yet and if so what we're the results( I'm thinking of it)
I have the S & S 106" kit on my Street glide. The fit and finish is great. The S & S kit bolts right up to a 96" TC. I've done other mods...cam, heads, 2 into one. It runs great. It wont fit your bike unless you stroke it. S & S makes a 97" kit that will fit your bike.

An S&S 4 1/2" flywheel set will, combined with the proper cam(Bob Wood) for your riding, along with the appropriate cylinder head modifications, etc, for the 18 ci increase(btw those heads on that 2003, have a TERRIBLE exhaust port design) will have that bike singing a totally different tune.
A strong all-around combination should have no problem showing you 110-112 hp, and well north of 120 plus ft/lbs.
Scott

i put the 106" kit on my 08 SG.started using oil bad at 3000mi. they tried to blame my mech for putting it together wrong. well turns out that alot of mechs put it together "wrong" and they finally admitted that they had a design flaw. i would look elsewhere then s&s!

i put the 106" kit on my 08 SG.started using oil bad at 3000mi. they tried to blame my mech for putting it together wrong. well turns out that alot of mechs put it together "wrong" and they finally admitted that they had a design flaw. i would look elsewhere then s&s!

I do believe that the OP was refering to a stroker assembly, using H-D cylinders at 3.875".
You are talking about a 3.932" Big Bore kit, that S&S sells.
I'd bet dollars to donuts, that if that was re-rung, with a correct torque hone, as long as all was in spec, that the oil comsumption would end.
Most "techs" are parts changers, or as we refer to them, "Chrome Consultants".
Need to get a hold of a shop with guys working there, that have been-round-the-horn, and get 'er squared away.:D
Scptt

Back