free website stats program 103" upgrade delima | Harley Davidson Forums

103" upgrade delima

Roklock

I have lost most of my funds to do the 103 upgrade, pistons, heads, cams, tuner, ect. I had planned for this winter. Car engine quit in December and used most of available cash to buy a replacement.

I have a 2009 fatboy, Python dual staggereds, Pro R hypercharger, and HD download already done. Anyhow, I have $1000 of my $3500 to do the 103" project. Can I do anything now? Does it make sense to do anything?

- Maybe PCV w/auto tune? Any other suggestions?

I do not have the tools to be my own mechanic other than oil changes or simple things so I am going to have to have someone do the 103 upgrade.

Any ideas or feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Rok,

It won't pay to do the 103" jugs or heads until you have enough $$ to do it all. Labor costs would kill you to have it ripped apart twice. A good tuner would be my suggestion. I do like my PCV w/ autotune but there are lots of good choices out there. You could also pick out good cams and go the adjustable pushrod route. Lots of folks like their SE 255's but I'd recommend Wood TW6-6's. FuelMoto offers the PCV and TW6-6 package with the map already on the PCV. They are getting 103 TQ out of the 96" motor w/ that combo. JMO, good luck.

I would wait till you have the funds to do the upgrade . You already have the HD download so you must have the HD race tuner already so save your $$ and stick with what you have for now . To spend $200 - $400 on a after market tuner would just be $$$ that you can use towards the 103" kit . When you get the 103" kit installed you should have the bike Dyno tuned & the HD race tuner works great for that too , so there is no reason to get a after market tuner .

Rok,
Lots of folks like their SE 255's but I'd recommend Wood TW6-6's. FuelMoto offers the PCV and TW6-6 package with the map already on the PCV. They are getting 103 TQ out of the 96" motor w/ that combo. JMO, good luck.

I have been talking with FeulMoto the last two days. There dyno charts on a touring model with a stage one done are showing 103 TQ and 92 HP by just changing to this cam, a PCV, and either auto tune or a dyno tune.

Will the balanced motor of a softail lower the numbers much at all? They don't have any dyno charts on their website for them. Will the balanced motor lower the numbers much at all?

Those numbers aren't much lower than what I was being told for going to a full 103 kit and for a lot less money.

Opinions wanted.

Thanks,

Steve

Back