free website stats program 103 Upgrade and Dyno Results | Harley Davidson Forums

103 Upgrade and Dyno Results

jwquinn

I thought I'd add my 2 cents on what I've done to my ride. I started off slowly with a SE Air kit and Rush 1.75 Slip ons. I had the dealer flash the ECU - and I noted a little improvement. I then added a Doebeck III tuner and that worked well enough, adding slightly more power. After shopping around I went with S&S 583 cams. During the install process, I replaced the inncer cam bearings as well, and added Adjustable pushrods (S&S) and the HD heavy duty lifters. After all of that, the Doebeck was pretty much useless because I wasn't able to compensate for the new cams. I sold it, and bought a PowerVision from Dynojet. I ran on the supplied tunes for a while, and finally took the plunge and had the bike dynoed at Trask performance in Phoenix. What a difference. I've added roughly 10% in over hp and torque from the canned tune settings. From stock 103 to where I am now was a 20% improvement. Well worth the dough. Check out the specks on the sheet. I'm at 82.06 peak HP and 101.53 max torque. On the chart there are two runs - before and after. The lower blue line is before.....of course it is!

now for the 107..........

Attachments

• scan_103Dyno0001.pdf
    580.3 KB · Views: 104
The lower blue line is with the Powervision running canned tune, and the red line is same setup after the operator did his tune?
I'd say the Dyno operator knows his Powervision. Without being too nosey, was the Dyno tune in the $400 range?

Hey Breeze - the blue lines were the canned PV tune that I had applied before Trask dynoed the bike. They did a great job. The guy I worked with at Trask said they didn't have a whole lot of experience with the PV, and worked mostly with Power Commander III's and V's. I'm really happy with the work they did.
As far as cost - it was $450, about what I expected. Even though the PowerVision comes with a ton of tunes, they didn't quite map the way I wanted. The folks at Trask made sure everything was mapped as it should be. One thing I meant to mention - in addition increase in power, I'm amazed at how smooth acceleration is through all gears and rpm. The bike should have been that smooth when I bought it 3 years ago.

Good deal, I would guess the unit you have has adjustments for timing as well?

Hey Jack - yes, you can set the timing through the PV. You can also tune each cylinder independently. One big thing that really isn't mentioned in the marketing of these things, is that you can leave it mounted to the bike, and monitor key performance indicators while riding. I set mine up to show mileage, rpm, battery voltage, air-fuel ratio, true engine temp and air intake temp. I can view them all from the saddle, and it's a big help when I'm stuck in some hot AZ traffic. I can pull over and shut down before the heat becomes an issue. I thought it was well worth the dough for what it does.

I did the stage one on my blackline recently with the 103 , 2into 1 big radius screaming eagle breather, also screaming eagle pro race tuner my dynos were after 79.5 hp and 96.5 torq this is without cams i was preety happy with them results

I thought I'd add my 2 cents on what I've done to my ride. I started off slowly with a SE Air kit and Rush 1.75 Slip ons. I had the dealer flash the ECU - and I noted a little improvement. I then added a Doebeck III tuner and that worked well enough, adding slightly more power. After shopping around I went with S&S 583 cams. During the install process, I replaced the inncer cam bearings as well, and added Adjustable pushrods (S&S) and the HD heavy duty lifters. After all of that, the Doebeck was pretty much useless because I wasn't able to compensate for the new cams. I sold it, and bought a PowerVision from Dynojet. I ran on the supplied tunes for a while, and finally took the plunge and had the bike dynoed at Trask performance in Phoenix. What a difference. I've added roughly 10% in over hp and torque from the canned tune settings. From stock 103 to where I am now was a 20% improvement. Well worth the dough. Check out the specks on the sheet. I'm at 82.06 peak HP and 101.53 max torque. On the chart there are two runs - before and after. The lower blue line is before.....of course it is!

now for the 107..........

Thank you for posting the dyno results for this build with the S&S 583 cams. The specs on these cams have made me wonder what the torque curve would look like. It looks like a good cam for a touring bike. Do you have a bagger?

Back