free website stats program 103 Kit... | Harley Davidson Forums

103 Kit...

DYNAGUY

in H-D catalog is 639.95. What i been thinking is why not? Dont look like it would be that hard to install. And been told there aint no power gainer like more Cubic inches.Why drop almost 800.00 on a TMAX? When a big bore is less money.:D

For openers, you still have to tune the 103 and the 96 cranks aren't a great design to add more power to.

I would go with the T Max and leave it a 96 myself.

I tell you what. H-D goes against everything i have learned about hot rodding a motor. Example in the 80s i built a 71 camaro it had the old glass pack mufflers, when we got that motor built it had a spark knock problem. So we changed the exhaust pipes to 2.5 pipes, installed free flowing mufflers .Guess what spark knock gone, plus run cooler. Now in 2008 put a free flowing mufflers on a harley and it runs hotter. Now you tell me my 17.000 bike has a weak crank .:bigsmiley6:

Don't think it will be a problem if they are not hot rodded. Major problems seem to be sudden down shifting and engine braking when doing it (sudden unexpected loads), It's twisting the cranks. Driven normally, there shouldn't be a problem IMO.

Had a 103" installed in my 07 FXD. with race tuner and vance and hines pipes. Bike runs great. I heard about the stroker problms. The tech gut at the dealer told me I should get about 70,000 miles on motor work??????

is it the cranks or is it the bearings to the crank. i believe it is the bearings for the crank the kit does not come with the heave duty bearing and this is allowing the crank to twist so if you go with a :)103-110 kit make sure you have the heavy duty crank bearings installed again they do not come with either kit:wall

Is it the chicken or the egg? :D

The way I see it that the cranks are not pinned or keyed in the new motors and the press fit that is used to assemble the cranks isn't doing the job it should.
Without keying the crank is free to scissor under the right circumstances and therein lies the problem.
Most HiPo builders weld the crank pin and then balance the assembly to eliminate this problem.

Back