free website stats program 103" kit on a 2000 Wide Glide? | Harley Davidson Forums

103" kit on a 2000 Wide Glide?

dennislee99

I got a 2000 dyna with what I thought was a stock 88" motor with the exception of a dyna 2000 ignition and an S and S "G" carb. Now I know that a G is way too big of a carb for a stock motor so I called Cedar Valley HD in Charels City IA where the bike originally come from to see if any motor work had been done before because I bought it salvaged and have no record of anything that has been done. I was told by the tech there that a 103" kit had been put in it by the previous owner. I beleive that something has been done to it because it way more power than a stock twin cam, but I was wondering if anyone knew how to tell that something like thiis has been done without tearing the motor apart to check. If it was a screaming eagle kit I figured it would say somewhere on it but I dont know if it was S&S or screaming eagle or what.

If hd did it it,s a good bet its the eagle kit does it have the screaming eagle heads on it other then that to see whatd in there you have to at least pull the heads and look i,m sure you would like to know but the dealer can tell you what parts were used,jel

yeah they barely remember the bike and all they could tell me is that it had the bore kit and they were pretty sure it was the 103". It doesnt say screaming eagle or s&S on the heads so Im not sure what it is. I dont want to tear it apart because it runs fine but I keep having problems ruining starters and my only guess is that it has more compression than stock and the starter isnt able to supply enough power.

Back