free website stats program 10,000 mile service | Harley Davidson Forums

10,000 mile service

Redman

I have a question about 10,000 mile service. I have the list of all the items checked and am wondering if I should just do it myself. I just changed all fluids after some time out west..Mobil 1 vtwin full syn, redline in the primary and spectro platinum for 6 speeds in tranny. I tightened up my clutch and checked all fasteners. I guess I am wondering if this is just about all they do or am I better off having them do it anyhow as it is still under warranty...just in case something shows up I missed. I just have a hard time spending 300 or so just having them go through all I did again. I have a lifter sound that I would rather spend that money on instead of this 10,000 mile service but am looking for opinions on this thought. Thanks for your help...John:s

Here's the schedules for the different services.

As long as you follow the schedule and go over the critical fasteners outlined in the manual, do the fluids and adjustments, there's really no need to go to the dealer. It's really not difficult and you know this way they were done too.

Onethingto consider; if you do it yourself, you don't have to do it all at the same time.
I did we recently and did over a about a Three week period.

Back