free website stats program '09 Ultra Battery | Harley Davidson Forums

'09 Ultra Battery

90FXRS

Contributor
Out of the goodness of my heart I'm asking this for someone who bought an 09 Ultra just to say he has a Harley Davidson.....trying to impress women....I think he's riden it three or four times. Where is the battery? Under the tank? Is there a built-in tender somewhere on this thing?

It's under the seat. Battery tender pigtails are an option installed by many but not all dealers. The pigtail is often under the sidecover.

Thank you. I was being sarcastic about the tank but I'm not familiar with Ultras. I suggested he have the dealer come and get it. They have free pick up and delivery in the winter months. He's only 3 or 4 miles from them.

90FXRS - no harm no foul...funny thing about H-D, sometimes things change quite a bit, but when you have a good thing, we are all fortunate somethings that work remain the same. It is just the reliance on that high power battery working correctly has been moved up in the critical parts area...as everything "tech" runs off that battery voltage.

Last edited:
Thank you. I was being sarcastic about the tank but I'm not familiar with Ultras. I suggested he have the dealer come and get it. They have free pick up and delivery in the winter months. He's only 3 or 4 miles from them.

Well if he has only ridden it 3 or 4 times and he cant find the battery I would take it one step forward. Have the dealer pick it up and give it to someone that is more worthy of such a bike! :D

Why not refer him to this great forum and he can ask his own questions and learn tons about his bike!

If all your friend needs is a battery replaced, even with free pick up and delivery they're going to get him for install, unless he's covered by warranty, which can be subjective on batteries. Surely he could remove and install the battery himself, as well as add the tender leads if not already installed. Just saying...

Hey the battery is a breeze to change,front seat off, one bolt for the top clamp and the positive and neg leads. When you get a battery tender it will come with pig tails to hook up to the battery. griffy

Back