free website stats program 09 Touring Chrome Sprocket Cover | Harley Davidson Forums

09 Touring Chrome Sprocket Cover

Cyclops

Any pros or cons anyone cares to share on a Chrome Cover for the rear sprocket vs. a complete chrome sprocket? For example, are there problems with the covers that justify spending the extra $300+?

well to me u just can;t see it. but I'm also one of those that has dechromed my 09 U..

well to me u just can;t see it. but I'm also one of those that has dechromed my 09 U..
I hear you ultrat. I won't be able to see it either, but since I'm spending money on chrome wheels I figured I might as well go ahead and put on a polished disc and chrome the sprocket. Just want to be sure the chrome covers don't have a tendancy to have problems later on.

Well then id go w/ solid chrome sprocket., covers of any kind may rattle or warp. my 2c.

I have had a chrome sprocket cover on my '92 since '93. I had forgotten it was a cover until I read your post.

My 92 softail custom has a chrome cover on the pulley and i never see it because the bags hide it has gven no trouble at all

Brian

Same as Brian and Breeze, chrome cover on '94 FLSTC. It was on for 11 yrs with no problem. I was changing out to a 1" belt and got a great deal on ebay on belt and polished alum. pulley.

Appreciate all the valuable feedback. Looks like I'll go with a cover vs. complete chrome sprocked.

I'm constantly amazed by the value of this forum!!!!

Back