free website stats program 09 Street Glide upgrades | Harley Davidson Forums

09 Street Glide upgrades

bonedaddio

Well, I just jumped off the cliff AGAIN! Rush Baloney-cut slipons, Mustang Solo and Pillion seat (thanks for the help, Mark!!), Arlen Ness air cleaner. DAMN but this is an expensive addiction!! You'd think the new Street Glide would be bad enough.

Probably go for a PCV when they come out end of next month.

Question for Glider, or anyone else who knows: If I do the upload from Friendly Local Harley Dealer until the Power Commander V comes out, will I have to have it taken BACK to stock to add the Power Commander??
Thanks,

Les

I appreciate the feedback, guys. I'm kind of torn between just getting the download and then leaving it alone, OR going with the PCV or the SERT. I'm a computer geek by trade, and I'd probably enjoy tweaking the performance via laptop.

<Sighs> This is worse than my other major addiction, off-shore fishing.

I just added Rhinehard slip ons,hi flow air box and download from dealer.
It lost most of the pull in 5th and 6st gear, tops out at only 105mph.
i am not happy,it runs slower than stock now with over a grand spend on those upgrades.
I need to bring it back to dealer,any suggestions?

That's not good news... I'm awaiting arrival (tomorrow) of a set of Rush Slip-ons and Arlen Ness air cleaner amongst other items. I'll be following this thread closely...
Sarge?? Anyone??

I just added Rhinehard slip ons,hi flow air box and download from dealer.
It lost most of the pull in 5th and 6st gear, tops out at only 105mph.
i am not happy,it runs slower than stock now with over a grand spend on those upgrades.
I need to bring it back to dealer,any suggestions?

Dealer download is not a good choice here with these parts. The downloads are pretty much configured for the flow of the SE parts and changing the parts will produce an unwanted AFR on the lean side.
More than likely you need more fuel to get the power back in the peak range.

I just added rush slip ons and a DYNOmite high flow EFI tuner, looking for a little more power. Hope it was worth it.

Back