free website stats program 09 Street Glide Seat | Harley Davidson Forums

09 Street Glide Seat

Looking for some help here. 09 SG with stock seat is too wide and too tall for my liking! I'm not a tall person and at 5'8" I can put my feet flat but just barely. I'd feel a lot more comfortable with a narrower lower cut seat. I know LePera makes some nice stuff but very pricey. Anyone know a seat that is cut lower and narrower and has some good lower back support for an 09 SG? One that doesn't break the bank! The LePera line is $600

Take a look at the Reach or Sundowner seats available at HD dealer...they may even offer try and buy...they are usually in stock and in these economic times between $300-400 goes a long ways. If you buy on the Interrnet (after fitment) you could buy at Zanotti', but why not give your local HD dealer a shot...! The HD Parts & Accessories Manual is a "must" and it is "free" ...BUT it could spindle and mutilate your pocketbook heh-heh...:small3d036:

I love the comfort of Mustang seats. They make a variety of seats, so you should be able to find something to your liking. I can ride all day long without getting a tired butt.

First thing I did was replace the stock seat with a HD Sundowner. Stock wasn't to high, just kills my tailbones after 60 miles or so. Had the Sundowner on my RG prior to the '09 SG, and I can ride for 2-3 hours with no issues. It is also lower to the gound by maybe an inch, I am 5'10" with a 32 inseam.

I put the Reach seat on my 09 SG. Great seat and lowers you about an inch. I'm about 5'7" and with the stock seat I could only put one foot or the other flat on the ground. The Reach put both feet firmly on the ground and makes me alot more comfortable when stopped or riding.

I switched to a reach seat partly for the added lowering effect (5'3" & 30" inseam) and I find it more comfortable that the stock seat. Even the passenger pillion is nicer on the reach seat than the stock one!

We put a reach seat on the wifes bike for the same reason.The arch pushes you forward and the front is narrower.Believe we paid $300 for it.

054.jpg

Looking for some help here. 09 SG with stock seat is too wide and too tall for my liking! I'm not a tall person and at 5'8" I can put my feet flat but just barely. I'd feel a lot more comfortable with a narrower lower cut seat. I know LePera makes some nice stuff but very pricey. Anyone know a seat that is cut lower and narrower and has some good lower back support for an 09 SG? One that doesn't break the bank! The LePera line is $600
I went with the HD Reach seat. I am 5ft8 and it set me flat footed.

I'm 5'10" with a 29" inseam. (Guess I have a dwarf in my background.) I considered both the Reach and the Sundowner seat. Both put me lower and forward. I went with the Sundowner seat because it has gotten good reviews for long distance riding, which I'll be doing this year when I go to Sturgis.

Back