free website stats program 09 street bob pig tail | Harley Davidson Forums

09 street bob pig tail

I was just wondering if it was normal to have to use electical tape to plug the ecm pigtail in to the dobeck. I could not get either pig tail to snap in. The tfi pigtail fit in to the injector but the ecm pigtail would not plug into the tfi. I even tried using pliers to squeeze it together and only in succeeded in taking a small chunk out of the bikes pigtail.

Check to see if you have the proper model for your application and if it is inspect the plugs to see why they aren't snapping together.

I have already double checked and everything I see says this model is for the 09 dyna which is what i have. a 09 street bob...the reason as far as I can tell is the pig tail on the tfi is too tall and wont allow the stock pig tail to engage all the way...

When Dobeck replies here, there's always the remote possibility that the unit has the wrong plugs but I'm sure they will solve it for you.

Maybe try calling them, they have excellent tech support.

choochooharley -

For your 09 HD Dyna the injector connectors should look like the attached picture. The Male connectors are shaved down from the original mold to make a better fit. Would guess you just received a unit where the shaved down part was not in the correct tolerance. Would have to wonder how old the unit actually is?

Suggest to take a file to remove a little more plastic off the ends.

Attachments

• PICT5941.JPG
    PICT5941.JPG
    184.1 KB · Views: 54
Ok ill try that the part was shipped directly from your warehouse.
WAP.gif

Back