free website stats program 09 Rider Backrest | Harley Davidson Forums

09 Rider Backrest

Fatboy Roy

I need a little help here. I have a 2009 Ultra Classic and I'm wanting to add a riders backrest. On my 1995 Ultra Classic there were two bolts sticking up on rear fender that the bracket bolted to. My 09 does not have these bolts nor does it have holes to add these bolts. My question is "does this year take a different mounting bracket or do I have to drill the holes and add the bolts" I'm not really wanting to drill holes in my fender if I don't have to. Thanks in advance.

The mounting studs should be there, they were on my 08 ultra, 09 RKC, 12 CVO StreetGlide, 13 ultra and 15 CVO Limuted.
Can you pull the seat a take a picture for us to see?

The mounting studs should be there, they were on my 08 ultra, 09 RKC, 12 CVO StreetGlide, 13 ultra and 15 CVO Limuted.
Can you pull the seat a take a picture for us to see?
Yes I'll take a picture but not sure when it's at a independent local shop having the tranny rebuilt. I'll try to stop by and get a picture. I work third shift so it's had to get there when they are open I'm usually sleeping.

See the attached pic, it is the parts diagram. # 13 in red is the bracket the backrest attaches to.
The rectangular green area is where # 13 comes into the fender from the bottom side of the fender, held in place by # 5&6. 5&6 are a 1/4 large flange and a large diameter Nylon washer.
Welcome fro So. Texas.

tourbox

Back