free website stats program 09' HD Rocker Custom Any incite is greatly apricated | Harley Davidson Forums

09' HD Rocker Custom Any incite is greatly apricated

SOMEGUYY007

So heres the low down of my ventured journey so far, my beautiful bikes rear bearings went out changed them out finally got it fixed. got the wheel back on gave it a bath thru some 110 in about a gallon took a ride into town to see if it rode good,'' which it did thank heaven'' put some gas in started my journey home came to a stop lite to idle and bluh dies on the spot. starts right back up. thought maybe the gasoline i put in was bad cuz it kept dying when i come back down to idle, sifend the gas out went and got gas again put it in started it up, idled and was acting like it wanted to die but would shoot up in idle. left it idle idled nicely figured i got the bad gas out. wife jumped on we went for a ride bout 10 miles. honestly thought i got the bad gas out idled nicely. shut the bike off went for a 30 min walk came back started up went to leave and ''death'' yet again started up had to hold the throttle to keep it running... long story short, there is no check engine light, but there are stored codes p0107,p0373,p1351,p1354 those are all stored

Attachments

• 20210620_115849.jpg
    20210620_115849.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 10
Dies at idle and restarts can be an indication of a dirty IAC (idle air control) circuit. Easily fixed by shooting a stream of carb cleaner through the hole in the top of the intake, just in front of the throttle blade. Do it, turn the ignition on do it again. Videos on Youtube make it clearer.
What is "gave it a bath thru some 110 in about a gallon" ??

Dies at idle and restarts can be an indication of a dirty IAC (idle air control) circuit. Easily fixed by shooting a stream of carb cleaner through the hole in the top of the intake, just in front of the throttle blade. Do it, turn the ignition on do it again. Videos on Youtube make it clearer.
What is "gave it a bath thru some 110 in about a gallon" ??

Gave it a bath... Then thru some race gas in 110

Update there was some water in a plug on the front bottom of the bike where the voltage regulator is cleaned it out. Figured it was grounding out. I started it fired right up. Then started goin full retard again. I have new spark plugs a Crank sensor and a new map sensor on the way. Ill send photos of my findings and a update after the new plugs are installed

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a video on how to clean the IAC that Russ suggested.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=harley+iac+cleaning

Changed the IAC valve change the crank sensor, changed the MAP sensor changed the spark plugs.. Still idles for a few minutes then dies like it's just shutting it self off. Coil pack is at 3.5 ohms I know the over flow tube on the gas tank isnt breathing took the gas cap off. No change. Maybe the voltage regulator is going bad... I've checked all the wires for breaks and shook them when the engines running no change fuel pump sounds strong it's got one of those fuelpaks on it I don't know if that could have anything to do with it the battery isn't bad it's brand new checked the switches on the handle bars no problem there.. I'm almost ready to take a second mortgage out and take it to Harley. I'm a good mechanic on cars n (EDIT) but I feel like a dummy when it comes to bikes.... If anyone has anything to add I'm open to suggestions

Last edited by a moderator:
Check your engine temperature sensor, it is located on the rear of the front cylinder head behind the horn. I had an issue with my bike when I was riding my bike for a few miles and coming to a stop bike would want to die and there was no code. Then one day while riding bike it finally threw a code for engine temperature sensor. What happens is the ecm takes the reading from the engine temperature sensor and it adjusts the fuel injector fuel pulse along with the engine timing. The ecm makes adjustments within a certain reading. When the reading from the temperature sensor goes beyond a certain parameter then the code is thrown. Also check the connector that connects to the engine temperature sensor make sure the wires have some slack where they go into the connector as there could be an issue with the wires where they are crimped to the pins inside the connector. You can remove the wires from the deutch connector and make sure the connector pins and wires have a good connection.

Check your engine temperature sensor, it is located on the rear of the front cylinder head behind the horn. I had an issue with my bike when I was riding my bike for a few miles and coming to a stop bike would want to die and there was no code. Then one day while riding bike it finally threw a code for engine temperature sensor. What happens is the ecm takes the reading from the engine temperature sensor and it adjusts the fuel injector fuel pulse along with the engine timing. The ecm makes adjustments within a certain reading. When the reading from the temperature sensor goes beyond a certain parameter then the code is thrown. Also check the connector that connects to the engine temperature sensor make sure the wires have some slack where they go into the connector as there could be an issue with the wires where they are crimped to the pins inside the connector. You can remove the wires from the deutch connector and make sure the connector pins and wires have a good connection.

There's an engine temperature sensor on an engine that's air-cooled?

So I put in a new engine temperature sensor I was going to put the tank on decided to dig into the tank took out the filter. look like this if you plug one side of the filter and try to blow through the end of it it's hard as a rock so I'm just going to change it also

Attachments

• 20220924_131201.jpg
    20220924_131201.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
Back