free website stats program 09 Harley Prices | Harley Davidson Forums

09 Harley Prices

z3guy

I was wondering if anyone else has run into the pricing stalemate that I have found at my local dealers. I would like to order an 09 Ultra but they are demanding msrp and won't budge one dime. It's almost like they made a pact amongest themselves to holdout for msrp. Meanwhile they are setting on quite a few 08's. I even had one sales manager say that Harley needs to cut production to bring things back the way they were 10 years ago. I would appreciate anyones thoughts.

Shop it around to different dealers. The 09 bikes will usually go for MSRP except at some dealers.After you are done with the negotiations, then ask for the free bees. This is from the local dealer here.
Cystic2008BikeDeal.jpg

UltraDeal2a.jpg

Here's my thoughts - put yourself in their shoes and ask yourself, HONESTLY, what would you be doing? I think the 2009's will be in much higher demand than the 2008's (touring class) because of the many improvements which were made. Why should they discount them? Now, if you're in the market for a 2008, you'll probably find some real nice deals!

Here's my thoughts - put yourself in their shoes and ask yourself, HONESTLY, what would you be doing? I think the 2009's will be in much higher demand than the 2008's (touring class) because of the many improvements which were made. Why should they discount them? Now, if you're in the market for a 2008, you'll probably find some real nice deals!

They improved the engines and transmissions in the 07-08 bikes and look what they have now. Whose to say that the 09 bikes will be "improved" just like they thought the 07-08 were. New designs aren't always an improvement over the previous.

They improved the engines and transmissions in the 07-08 bikes and look what they have now. Whose to say that the 09 bikes will be "improved" just like they thought the 07-08 were. New designs aren't always an improvement.

Are you always so optimistic? :p

Everything I've read says they've all but eliminated the "rear steer" and "right leg heat" problems. Don't see much of a downside there.

Are you always so optimistic? :p

Everything I've read says they've all but eliminated the "rear steer" and "right leg heat" problems. Don't see much of a downside there.

I look at things in a practical way. Rear steer I have never really seen on a bagger myself. If you check into the design of the dyna where the swing arm is attached to the rear of the trans and that along with the engine is rubber mounted, then I can understand it. The baggers are frame mounted as far as the swing arm, where is the rear steer so to speak coming from even when we attach one of the links that stabilizes the engine to the frame????
How does that effect the swingarm then to eliminate rear steer?

Food for thought. Make it better? :D

its ok if you can get the 2009 bikes dealer rang today and advised that if i want a 2009 it will have to be a special order - whats with that are we not going to be getting the 2009 bikes in the Uk? are HD trying to be clever? or is the supplier trying to empty the warehouse of the remaining 2008's?
what ever it is i want the 2009 and seems i may be struggling

It's supply and demand with the dealers. One of the dealers here that I don't care for kept a list and when you inquired about a specific bike, he would put you on a list that was kept on the showroom wall like a game. He would go on to tell you that somebody cancelled on a certain bike that you wanted and you may be able to get it for a price. It was usually about $1500 higher than MSRP.

Just so happned that I knew and grew up with a friend that owns a warehouse near this dealer and was talking to him one day about the supply and demand aspect. He laughed and told me to stop by his warehouse and I did. In the warehouse was over 200 harleys in crates marked with "don't sell before 00/00/00" Tell me the dealers are on the up and up.

Don't doubt that the dealers are rigging the game and the 09s are freakin nice. Love what they did to the rear fender of the EGlide, like the exhaust treatment. If they had it in blue denim I'd probably trade my 08 in on it but black denim... nah.

Back