free website stats program 09 Frame paint problems | Harley Davidson Forums

09 Frame paint problems

mrkihn

Wonder if anybody else has this problem
I have the frame paint blistering and flaking off my 09 Street glide
The area is locate right below the voltage regulator on the flat plate area
right before the frame curves under. I pointed it out to dealer when bike was in for it's 1k check. Dealer doesn't think the MoCo will cover it because it a D-surface. Being this bike has only been on the road about 7 weeks and never seen rain I'm wondering if anybody else had this problem and what became of it.
Being the frame is powder painted dealer said what do you think they going to give you a new frame. I want the problem taken care but how that another ?

Contact customer service and speak to them. You are entitled to some kind of repair being it was defective prep to begin with that caused it to peel.

Customer Service - Harley Davidson Community

Thanks Glider for that link I will try to get a hold of them today.
Also had some cracks on the rubber seal between the inner and outer fairing
which the dealer said would not be covered because I used pledge on the bike. They said it dried out the rubber I think they're full of doggy do
( putting it nicely)

First lesson is to not give more info than necessary or some dealers will use it as an avenue of escape.:s

Pledge used on a 09 bike and it dried it out already??? :lolrolling GREAT outlook and marvelous customer relations..

Find another dealer!

I did contact MoCo They said the frame paint can be repaired.
Haven't heard nothing from the dealer.

Check it carefully, I doubt they will remove it to re power coat the frame. Look for the edge of a paint blend on the powder, it shows up pretty well.

It would be cheaper for them to send the frame to a local powdercoater then to bring one in from the US in your case Hobbit,I know here I can get a 6x10 trailer powdercoated for $80.

The frame is usually powder coated, are they going to paint over it instead?

I don't not how they will fix it. I use to do powder coating yrs ago and you can fix bad area but you have to pretty much re coat the whole frame.
I really doubt they be doing that. I really don't trust the the service dept at my dealer to take everything off the frame to replace it. I don't trust them to even work on my bike. Everything thing else there I do like but the mechanics.
As for the rubber seal and pledge, I didn't tell them I used pledge on the bike at all. I also use harley detailer on it for the area that don't normally get hit by bugs and that was what I told them because it true. I doubt either one have anything to do with the rubber cracking on this new of a bike.
This riding season so far it looks like I have to wash the bike every time I take it for a 50 mile ride because of all of the bugs on it. Even using pledge the bugs are not coming off easy, tried Harley bug remover it works alittle better but still still have to wash it.

Back