free website stats program 09 Dyna SB tail light hookup | Harley Davidson Forums

09 Dyna SB tail light hookup

66cruiser

I'm planning on chopping the rear fender of my '06 SB & installing the '09 LED tail light & wondering if it would be a more or less plug & play or if something else is needed due to the LED. Anybody got a wiring diagram for the '09 tail light that I can compare with mine?
thanks..

Thanks, that's what I was thinking. I'm wondering if the 09 SB tail light requires one? I need to get ahold of some 09 dyna wiring diagrams I guess.

Thanks, that's what I was thinking. I'm wondering if the 09 SB tail light requires one? I need to get ahold of some 09 dyna wiring diagrams I guess.

I am by no means an expert but my understanding is that if you do not currently have LEDs on your bike you need to install a load equalizer with the LED install.

OK, ran a google on LED load equalizers & it turns out that tail lights aren't load dependent like turn signals are.. so a load equalizer should not be necessary when changing to a LED tail light.. we'll see..

I may be late, however, I installed the LED tail light on my 05 deuce & did not need the load equalizer. I installed it last spring or so, haven't had any problems at all. I did get the harley light.

As Joy said, you probably do NOT need load equalizer for the tail light...only need it if you want the turnsignals to do multiple tasks like you see on most imported cages.

Any tail replacement light KIT worth "-its salt" should have all the correct plugs and wiring and should NOT require cutting or modification of your wiring IMHO...if so, get one that is PLUG and PLAY period.

Back