free website stats program 09' delivery date in oz? | Harley Davidson Forums

09' delivery date in oz?

hey just wondering if anyone else has a 09' vrscdx ordered in the 1st phase for 09 and when your dealer has suggested delivery as i was told mid october and am starting to get anse.

I picked up my '09 Night rod Special (with ABS) yesterday (10/10/08) in Victoria. For you info it was built in August and complianced October. I ordered it in March, what a long wait that has been. Absolutly over the moon about the performance and handling of the bike. Put a set of TAB Performance mufflers on it and it sounds great, I'm just a bit nervous around the cops.AB

Not a V ROD,but i paid my deposit on an FLSTN in very early October 2007; and got my bike at the end of April 2008.

It seems ALL H--Ds that come to OZ take for ever.(I think they're towed by swimmers)

just an update guys drove 3 hours to the dealer on friday to see whats happening with the bike to be given sum story about two were ordered one showed up and sum one else had a deposit before me so they got it yet when i ordered it in august they told me there was only one coming so i signed up and deposit taken. anyone else think ive been shafted?

Yeah, I ordered my Road King in August. Dealer still says it will ship Oct 15 Wed....I'm like you, I can't wait. I'm going nuts. Got the garage space all ready. Good thing I live in So. Cal. as I will still be able to ride for a while. I screwed u and told folks at work and I get asked every day. "did you get your bike yet????" Now I know how the wife felt when she got close to delivering.

Of course you are.(being shafted, that is.)

The delivery of my bike was originally January 2008;then late Feb.;then maybe the end of March,and finally 'sometime' in April.THEN i got that H-D had 'misplaced' 36 Australian orders and VIN numbers;and my bike was one of these.This was early April.And THEN i got told a bike order 'JUST' like mine had been cancelled and i could have that one.Yeah,right!Same 2 tone colour,same spec. wheels,same as mine in every aspect.Some dude orders a bike,waits months for it and then cancels.I must be some bucolic backwards boy;at least in their eyes.

I've ALWAYS thought that motorcycle dealers and shops have about bugger-all respect or care for their clients.
Go and buy a new car and see how you're treated.

Great comment about new car dealers. I've been in new cars for almost 20 years and would get shot if I did some of the things that I have experienced from bike dealers (the ones I did not buy from). Having said that, I found the right dealer and had a great experience including a 1 1/2 hour delivery that was performed by the workshop foreman. Talk about informative! AB

Just a thought as you wait, I know some HD dealers rent Night Rod Specials and HD dealers love loyal customers... see if they can throw in free rental time while you wait?
Of course it may make you more crazy, but at least you can ride? Doesn't hurt to ask and be sure to mention you will wear the dealers T-shirt during your rental time.

hey guys ive now been told there was a back order and that a guy had ordered one in march for august delivery and that his didnt show up so he was first inline fror the next one to arrive. so here we are my new date being mid jan totally bummed and envying you guys that have yours but they tell me it will be worth the wait! also the keep tryin to sell me other models off the floor whats with that? thers a fair bit of difference between a rocker and cdx?the specials for me considering ive owned 1xr6 and 2x r1's not ready to go slow quite yet. thanks guys for the input

Back