free website stats program 08 ultra afr @ 13.? by dealer? | Harley Davidson Forums

08 ultra afr @ 13.? by dealer?

after 25 yrs wife finnally ok'd harley,never give up! ran in and bought 08 ultra before she changed her mood. somewhere before closing i went thru the gauntlet of the dealers sales and service people. I know I heard the service manager say "we set ours at 13.something" but I didnt know what he was talking about. Since hooking up with this site iv learned. Is it possible they map ecm richer than 14.7 on a new 08 due to all the issues? He was discussing AC,slip-ons and warranty issues but his 13.? comment was at the beginning of intro to service dept. I dont have any issues with overheating and the bike runs great but plan on AC,slip-ons and TFI for standard reasons. wouldnt any thing in the 13's be out of range for o2 sensors? this is dealer whose service and parts depts told me not to use synthetic oil in crank so im already concerned who can service my bike.

The map I put on my Thundermax had the AFR set at 13.831:1 up to a little over 1/4 throttle then it started dropping when you got on it, down to about 12:1 at full throttle. set like that I got about 28 on the freeway. Since then I've changed it to 14.3:1 leaving the curve down to a little over 12:1 at full throttle and I get about 43 on the freeway running 70 mph. I can live with that. Gliders right Gary:p "AFR" not "FAR":D

Back