free website stats program 08 street bob bank angle sensor | Harley Davidson Forums

08 street bob bank angle sensor

Whitey234

Just wondering if anyone had a problem with installation of a trike kit and afterwards having problems with the bank angle sensor shutting the bike off and having tip show on speedometer I talked to Harley and they are telling me to install a tsm from a touring bike but I don’t see how that will help , any help would be much appreciated

Did you remove the kick stand?
Maybe that swich if it's not seeing kick stand up is related to the issue.

My riding partner had this same problem with his 07 Electra Glide when he put a sidecar on it. After many internet searches, he found that the dealer can reprogram the TSSM (which contains the BA sensor) with their plug in scanalizer, so the bike does not shut off on sharp turns. He had to show the stubborn service writer and tech the article in print. It took them 5 minutes to do. Now I can't say that the Street Bob TSSM has the same capability, but IMO it is unlikely that HD would write a whole different program for a TSSM. You just need to find a dealer tech that is interested in learning something new to do it. There is no kickstand sensor on American (domestic) Harleys.

Back