free website stats program '08 S/E Springer CVO | Harley Davidson Forums

'08 S/E Springer CVO

Durham Hawger

Hi everyone,
I've got a chance to purchase an '08 CVO Springer with only 5,600 kms (3500 miles) on the clock. Previous owner added Vance & Hines pipes. Can anyone think of a red-flag with this bike? Price seems reasonable at $22K. Bike/chrome all look mint.

Can't think of any major issues to warn about other than a little more maintenance with the Springer set up. The price seems fair. Looking on Chopperexchange.com I found one listed at $19,000 but the majority of them where in the $20,000 to $24,995.00 range (more on the higher end than lower).

I have always liked the springer and that model is especially nice. I say go for it if its one you desire, maybe try to get the price down a bit but not a deal breaker IMO.

Many thanks TripleJ. My only other concern is that the dealer selling the bike is not a Harley shop - this place sells Ducati, Triumph, KTM - and the guy I've been talking to doesn't know the history of the bike. I'd like to get this info.
Thanks again!

You may want to ask a Harley dealer to run the VIN for you on the bike to see if there were any problems reported during services that would be a red flag. Springers require a bit more maintenance on the front ends to keep them in good shape and the ride is different than the telescoping front ends. You may want to test ride before you buy it as you should do with any vehicle. I tested my CVO brand new before I bought it.

Also as a former CVO owner, you'll find that resale on these bikes falls off rather fast. When you pay $8 - $10K more than the standard bike in the same line, don't expect your resale to reflect that also.

I had a Springer, and the front suspension rides great! Save your old tooth brushes for bug removal in the springs:bigsmiley11:

The noted problems with a springer are when cornering on an irregular surface. They tend to flop around more than the standard forks.

Back