free website stats program 08 Road King Won't Start | Harley Davidson Forums

08 Road King Won't Start

IDM3

Didn't ride for about a month (Major Bummer) got home 08 Road King would not start, nothing no turn of the engine, zip. Fuel bump activated as normal, lights burned bright but not even a turn of the engine. Replaced the battery, checked the fuses, still nodda....Any glues?

I was thinking that too, but if lights come on and fuel pump charges... I'm betting that its corrosion inside the start switch. Or a loose or corroded conection at the starter.

Start with the basics. Remove and wire brush clean both ends of both battery cables (neg off first, on last). See what happens.

If no go, flip the ignition switch back and forth repeatedly. Do the same with the kill switch. Try again. If go, then open up the switches and clean them out, lube and reassemble.

If not, then try this:

• Make sure the tranny is in neutral
  • Using a jumper wire, jump from positive lead to the solenoid post.
Did it try to start? If yes, start looking at the starter relay/starter wiring circuits.

Let us know.

TQ

Last edited:
Like FOB battery? I know if I don't have my FOB, all I get is turn signal flash. Of course I can't say for sure that I've ever tried to start it that way so no doubt you are right.

I need to change my "mood" to apprentice, so everyone gets it. I know some stuff, and some stuff I'm trying to learn. Cant wat to hear what was wrong...

They don't have apprentice, so I went with "Foot in Mouth". As close as I could come to the other

Back