free website stats program 08 Road King TGS2 Codes P2127 & P2135 | Harley Davidson Forums

08 Road King TGS2 Codes P2127 & P2135

lvsloan1

We have a 2008 Road King & it keeps setting codes P1510, P2127, & P2135. We cleared the codes & rode the bike about 30 minutes & code P1510 comes back over & over until finally, the other 2 codes will set w/ the P1510. We noticed the cruise control quit working & the CEL came on is why we started working on the bike. This all happened after we replaced the stock handlebars w/ some ape hangers for a friend & I'm wondering if eliminating the electrical connector in the handlebars by soldering & heat shrinking the wires is best (even if we find a wire that was knicked when we changed the handlebars)? I have been an electrical tech for many years & know what knicking a wire can cause, especially if it's bouncing around & shorting out inside the new handlebars. THANKS in advance for your reply!

I'm wondering if eliminating the electrical connector in the handlebars by soldering & heat shrinking the wires is best

I would if I had throttle by wire. The molex connector right at the pair of twist grip pots is the problem. Bad design to start with. Once the connector frets and the plating comes off, problems begin.
I think the same holds true for the throttle body end.

The connector pins were fretted A LOT WORSE than that but got the connector removed & soldered the wires. ALL IS GREAT SO FAR! THANKS VERY MUCH for the info. Will repost if something else comes up.:)

Back