free website stats program 08 mapping | Harley Davidson Forums

08 mapping

anthwhite

I bought a Vans and Hines fuel-pak for my 08 FXD when I was going to get V&S pipes. That has now changed to Samson pipes. Same type though. Anyway, the guys at Samson told me that the 08 to 10 bikes will automatically remap themselves if I drive it for at least 30 miles without shutting off the bike.

Anyone done this yet?

I can put it on anyway, but if I don't have to put it on I would rather not.

I have never herd of a thing,not sure if its true.When i put diff. stuff on mine i have to change map

I ride easy, 30% to 40% throttle. Why would slip-ons and a S&S air cleaner make bike run leaner? Does ECM control A/F mixture from idle to wide open? Or at what point does bike go back to open loop in reguard to throttle position? I could understand if changing cams, compression or full flow tuned exhaust, but not easy riding.
Or is my 2010 FXD so choked down that anything will affect it?
Just trying to understand, because something doesn't make sense.

the 02 sensors are narrow band the 09 and 10 are better about adapting that the 07-08 they only have small room to richen or lean and will always try to keep the ATF to 14.7 to one

Thanks Guys!
What does A/F mixture go to after 4000 rpm?
I think for me Nightriders 14:1 IEDs are what I'm after. I just want engine to run cooler.
Most likely will keep stock mufflers, but ordering S&S air cleaner shortly.
Bike has plenty of giddyup for me.

Thanks Guys!
What does A/F mixture go to after 4000 rpm?
I think for me Nightriders 14:1 IEDs are what I'm after. I just want engine to run cooler.

There is no set number for A/F ratio at a specific RPM. It is called a Map because it is not a graph. A graph is 2 dimensional (X vs Y). It is a 3 dimensional map (X vs Y vs Z) meaning an A/F ratio is specific to RPM vs Throttle position, vs intake manifold pressure.

To know what the A/F ratio is at 4000 RPM, you Must know the throttle position in % of rotation and the intake manifold pressure in in/Hg.

14:1 @ 4000 RPM would probably be OK if your throttle position was 15% (1st gear level ground) and your intake manifold pressure was 25"/Hg (no load). It would be disastrous to have 14:1 with a throttle position of 95% with 5"/hg.

Smitty, I've read your posting on IEDs and agree with you on using them with stock bike.
Just changing to S&S air cleaner and not running like you stole it shouldn't hurt A/F mixture. I mean easy part throttle cruising with different AC as only change shouldn't be any different air flow than stocker. I just want engine to run cooler, thats all.

Back