free website stats program 08 FLHX Accseeory Socket in Fariring ( can I plug the battery tender in it) | Harley Davidson Forums

08 FLHX Accseeory Socket in Fariring ( can I plug the battery tender in it)

escorial

I'm trying to figure if the accessory socket in the left fairing is hot when the iginition is off? If so it sounds like a good place to plug my battery tender in?

Anyone know if it is or not?

TIA,
J

Since 1986 the acc. socket on all Harleys have been keyed.

Got a light, got a meter but dont have the bike yet :D Its on its way from Tucson and shoud be here in a week. So I figure that I would ask anyway, no heat in the garage and dont want to be screwing around any more than I have to in the cold.

But its looking like the seat and ecm will have to be moved so i can connect the battery tender cables to the battery and then I can put the bike to sleep for the winter.

Thanks

Picture_007__Large_.jpg

Accessory sockets are usually keyed, one way to find out, got a test light?

smitty901, I was going to pull the seat and install the battery tender after the deer season was over being that I was still riding up to that point.Anyway ended up having a heart attack opening weekend and just got home from the hospital.Needless to say you know how cold it has been so my question is,can I pulg the tender into the lighter socket on the faring?I asked the doc today if I could wrench on the bike and he said not for a couple weeks.Pretty much house bound until the heart starts back up.Any ideas?

My 08 Ultra has a battery tender lead already installed. On the righ side in front of the side cover. Don't even have to pull the seat.

Got a light, got a meter but dont have the bike yet :D Its on its way from Tucson and shoud be here in a week. So I figure that I would ask anyway, no heat in the garage and dont want to be screwing around any more than I have to in the cold.

But its looking like the seat and ecm will have to be moved so i can connect the battery tender cables to the battery and then I can put the bike to sleep for the winter.

Thanks

Picture_007__Large_.jpg
Actually your question is exactly the reason why I wired my Sporty, which did not have an accessory outlet, to mate to the Battery Tender fused pig tail going to the battery terminals, so I could have a "Hot All The Time" Cigar/Accessory Outlet as well as Battery Tender access. Use the HD OEM Cigar/Accessory outlet made for you lucky bagger guys...in the instructions it also includes a template for mounting it to your "lowers" (yeah...you will drill a 3/8" hole on bike), but it mounts with professional looking results with a purdy HD logo cover. :57:

Caution: if you choose to wire a new "Hot All The Time" Cigar/Accessory plug make sure it is also fused and if you mate it to the Battery Tender fused pigtail, the polarity will reverse at the outlet end. Use a tester to make sure the outside shell is minus and center contact is plus before plugging anything into it. :s

Last edited:
Back