free website stats program 08 Dyna Low Rider dash question | Harley Davidson Forums

08 Dyna Low Rider dash question

DadzLowrider

Hey All-
I am wanting to put a dash from an 08 Screamin Eagle FXDSE on my 08 Low Rider. Anyone know if it will fit? Looks like the bolt holes are in the same place. I know the HD part# is 61698-08. My plans are to use that with a 4 inch HD speedo/tach combo unit and move my ignition to the dash as well. Anyone who knows or has done this and can give me an info I would really appreciate it.

Not sure but if you get ahold of an 08 dyna parts book you can see if the tanks are the same.. if so the console should fit. Then you'd need the scematic to see what kind of connections you'd have to make. That's pretty much what I did to fit the LR console on my Street Bob.. that & the fact that a couple other guys had done it.

You should be good to go. The Low Rider and Street Bob use the same tank. The 08 SE dash is basically the same as the SB console, but done in chrome and has the hole for the console mounted ignition. The was a 08 SE console on eBay a couple days ago. It was being auctioned by a seller named Ruler-of-the-Palace (I think that is the correct spelling). May be a cheap find.

You should be good to go. The Low Rider and Street Bob use the same tank. The 08 SE dash is basically the same as the SB console, but done in chrome and has the hole for the console mounted ignition. The was a 08 SE console on eBay a couple days ago. It was being auctioned by a seller named Ruler-of-the-Palace (I think that is the correct spelling). May be a cheap find.

I had a feeling you would know. Thanks! I actually was the winner of tat auction on eBay, got it for $116.00. Now I just need to order my ignition and combo speedo/tach. Do you know if this wiring that is in place for my current speedo and tech will just plug into the Harley combo unit?

You should be able to use only the speedo connector as the tach harness just parallels the 5 necessaary wires from the speedo.

You should be able to use only the speedo connector as the tach harness just parallels the 5 necessaary wires from the speedo.
Cool, thanks for the info. That is what I figured but had not taken it apart yet to check it out. My new dash will be here this week and I have ordered the new speedo/tach combo unit but it takes like 15 days to get it since they adjust the milage on it to be correct. So I should have it all done in the next couple of weeks.

Back