free website stats program 07 StreetGlide Stalling | Harley Davidson Forums

07 StreetGlide Stalling

raceflhx

I really need some help on this one. My 07 FLHX will stall when I roll up on a stopsign or stoplight. It will just lose rpms and then die, It will immeadiately start right back up and always runs very well otherwise. Weather does not affect this condition, it has 22k on odometer, ScreaminEagle stage 1 intake/filter w/Screamin Eagle Race Tuner and Rinehart slip-ons. I have always used premium fuel from Shell or BP. A HD dealer replaced the intake donuts twice last summer and put about 30-40 test miles on bike as well as dyno time and could not find the problem. It is at a dealer now for the last week and they have found nothing after several test rides at different fuel levels and inspecting the internal fuel lines for leaks. I have looked at all the ECM pin connectors and have wiggled all the injector wires and can not get it to misfire. I do not want to get runover by a car or something larger trying to get it started at a stoplight! No check engine lights ever.

Thanks...you're correct! IAC? I am also concerned a technicians aggressive riding style would prevent the bike from stalling on them as well. Is there a possibility of a throttle position sensor wheelspeed sensor interface issue.

I had and 06 street Bob and mine was doing the same thing, took it to a local Indy and they changed the idle positioner I think, and thought that was the problem. On the ride home did it again. Came off the freeway running fine came up to the first stop and died. Started it and drove home. The bike had a 3 year old battery, and for some reason it would allow the voltage to drop far enough to shut the bike down, but had enough juice to start it. Changed the battery, and never had an issue with it again.

You say it's at the dealer now. Ask them to check records to see if service bulletin #0903 "torque smoothing download" has been done. It was supposed to be done @ no charge to all/any '07 that had idle problems.

Back