free website stats program 07 Street Glide mods | Harley Davidson Forums

07 Street Glide mods

hd_street_glide

Planning on adding a few parts to my 07 Glide, I wanted to install the HD "Heavy Breather" along with a flue programmer. After looking in the HD catalog I couldn't find the correct part number for the Heavy breather for the 07 model, so I took a ride to the local HD shop, asked the counter person if there is a proper part and why will the 08 not fir the 07? He pondered looked in the book and said gee I haven't a cluse, I aske if he could makebe ask a mechanic in the back if the intake to the throttle body changed from 07 to 08 and if thats why it wouldn't fit, and he said he was a mechanic, and he said he would take the "books' word and say it will NOT fit. Te I came home and searched and Smitty had a great post on mounting the "heavy Breather" on a 07 Road Glide. He said that you must use the Heavy breather for the Softtail Dyna for the 07 instalation. Great POST SMITTY!!! But I want to know WHY? What is the difference between the 08 Touring heavy breather and the 07 softtail dyna heavy breather. One thing that I did notice on the post from Smitty for that installation was the plugs that he installed were the black ones and not chrome, were there no chrome plugs provided in the kit? Because you can see one of them or sure after the installation of the Air Cleaner.

Thanks in Advance!!

Ride on...............

Dave

Dave

Can't get the brain to kick into gear here but it's possible the throttle body size is the problem in 08. I believe it went to a larger bore than the previous years.50mm 08-later, 46mm 07 and earlier, not counting the CVO bikes/engines with the larger displacement.

Thanks or the info, sounds like a good explaination. So you think this larger bore would only have been in the touring model and not in the softtail/dyna, that would be why the sotail/dyna model for 08 would work becasue it would have been the same size bore!

Good information, because sometimes a guys just has to know!, its like when your son say daddy WHY!:newsmile100:

Thanks,

Dave

Back