free website stats program '07 Sportster 1200 XLC - DTC P0603, ECM? | Harley Davidson Forums

'07 Sportster 1200 XLC - DTC P0603, ECM?

pennstatejeff

Folks: Owned the bike for 4 years, just passed 37K miles, been running like a champ since I got it. Check Engine Light started popping up a few weeks ago, recently pulled codes and got a P0603. I know it's supposedly related to the ECM, but can't determine what may be going on. It seems to be running like normal, good power when accelerating, smooth operation, but I also don't want to get left high and dry by the side of the road if it breaks down. Any clues as to what might be causing the code to appear, diagnostics I could run before taking it to my local bike mechanic or the stealership? Many thx.

Have you cleared the code and it reappears? Your code is as follows:
Electronically erasable programmable read-only memory, hence P0603
EEPROM Failure Carb. I would clear it and see if it comes back. Could be just a glitch
tourbox

Have you cleared the code and it reappears? Your code is as follows:
Electronically erasable programmable read-only memory, hence P0603
EEPROM Failure Carb. I would clear it and see if it comes back. Could be just a glitch
tourbox

Well, well, well...got on the bike and rode to work today. Before I left at the end of the day, I checked the codes, and surprise surprise - not only the P0603, but now I had the P0505. Any thoughts?

P0505 Loss of Idle Speed Control EFI. That's strange because the 1st. code was carb related.As I asked before, have you cleared the codes since pulling them up. If so then they are reoccurring. 1 code is carb related and the other is Fuel injected related. It looks as though all XLs in '07 were Fuel Injected. You may need to go to the dealer to have your ECM reprogrammed.
tourbox

Back