free website stats program 07 Softail Lowering | Harley Davidson Forums

07 Softail Lowering

cprins

I have an 07 night train, and I am looking at lowering it in the rear. Do the cheap $30.00 adjustible bolts work well, or are they a waste of time? I have also heard that you need a press to install them, is that true? If it is going to end up being some hack job with the cheap bolts, maybe progressive shocks would be better, but more expesive. Any advice? Anyone?

my woman just had the rear of her 08 heritage lowered using those "$30 bolts" ... it lowered the bike 1" and gave her a more flat footed stance on the bike.

yes it works... count on being charged 2 hours labor. its not a gimmick, its a common modification.

Curious, with the lowered bike, will crossing speed bumps or taking turns cause her to drag "hard" parts? Best check in a clear parking lot and deserted roadway to make sure...may have to stiffen the preload or springs to prevent suspension "bottoming" problems...better safe than sorry! JMO

Fitted a Zodiac lowering kit which comprises of the two bolts. Quite straightforward to fit if you have a hydraulic press handy. Also removing the old stock bolts can be stubborn with loctite. Have lowered my 07 softail custom 1.5 inches with no handling issues or bottoming out. Make your bike nice n low how it should. A good modification at a reasonable price! If you dont like them adjust back to stock height.

Curious, with the lowered bike, will crossing speed bumps or taking turns cause her to drag "hard" parts?

naa she doesnt scrape anything. i know a lot of people warn about scraping floorboards... you have to take a turn a a pretty good angle to scrape. i have never had that problem.

even with her bike lowered she doesnt scrape

we both have 08 heritages.. mine is black, hers is purple

Curious, with the lowered bike, will crossing speed bumps or taking turns cause her to drag "hard" parts? Best check in a clear parking lot and deserted roadway to make sure...may have to stiffen the preload or springs to prevent suspension "bottoming" problems...better safe than sorry! JMO

Had those lowering bolts on my EVO softy and it scraped the edge of the outer primary just past the drain plug.Road with a buddy one day who also had the lowering kit and watched in disgust as all his primary fluid drained out because he ground through his primary.Progressives went on and the lowering bolts went in the trash.

And when it is all done it may look cool but as many have found bad ride and bottoms out.
Most riders I know that have lower their bike wish they had not.
Just something to thing about.

This is true...my Fatboy is lowered inch and a half by my measurements. I'm not sure which method the previous owner used. Looks real sweet lowered like that but my spine is taken a real beating on the hard bumps. The floor boards squealing let me know when i'm taking a turn to tight. That will probably be my next project. Raising the bike a half inch.

Back