free website stats program 07 Softail Clutch Basket | Harley Davidson Forums

07 Softail Clutch Basket

Marckus

I have a Damaged 07 I Picked up from Auction. When I was reassembling it one of the Posts on the inside clutch basket broke off. (see Pic) I was trying to get one and wanted to know if all of the clutch baskets from the TC era, 99-0X are the same and could be used.

Thanks,

Mark

ALSO.....

I have read a TON of stuff on the TSSM due to the fact that I can't get it to crank and the error code in Diags points to the TSSM. I don' t know the passcode and don't have a FOB cause the Bike was bought at auction. Is the only real way around this a New TSSM????

Attachments

• Clutch Basket.jpg
    Clutch Basket.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 25
I know on my '09, if it still has the factory default pass code in it, you can easily defeat it. If the original owner changed the pass code (like the owners manual says to do), it makes it a lot harder.

I think you can drop back to just a TSM if you are not worried about having the security system working. If you want an HD security system, you might be able to get the Dealership to retrieve the code using the Digital Technician. Not sure about that. Definitely if you replace the TSSM, you will have to marry it to the bike. See here:

Marrying New TSSM To Bike - Harley Davidson Community

Have a tender/charger on the battery when you do this!!

TQ

I know you can marry a new TSSM to the ECM to reset the password but what about the other way around, A new ECM to your Existing TSSM?

Would this accomplish the same thingad replacing the TSSM to reset the TSSM Passcode?

Just a Thought.

Also... Does anyone know if the Inner Clutch basket is the same on the TC models from like 99 up???

M<:bigsmiley11:

I looked and could'nt find a P/N anywhere on it. The bike is a 2007 FXST if that helps. Maybe someone will have a parts book to look it up on. I surely would appriciate it.

What is the P/N for the electrical manual and the parts manual, or does someone know where I could get a PDF Download. I got my Harley Service Manual by paying for a PDF Download and it's great.

M<

It appears your part number is 37554-06A which is the same as my 09 TC.
Since a 2002 TC has a part number of 37550-98, I would think everything from at least 2002 and older won't work but a 2007, 2008 & 2009 would.
Don't know about the gap between 2003-2006 but that would not be hard to find out.
(BTW, New for $106 @ Lakeshore)

**Double check these part numbers before you buy anything.**

Your publication # for a Parts Catalog for the 2007 SofTail is 99455-07B.
Your publication # for an Electrical Diagnostic Manual for the 2007 SofTail is
99498-07

Merry Christmas!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the help Everyone. I actually found one on E-Bay for $56 including shipping w/clutches and pressure plates. It came in today and was in excellent condition.

I also changed out the TSSM to a TSM.

Thanks again,

M<:small3d029:

Back