free website stats program 07 SG issue.. | Harley Davidson Forums

07 SG issue..

BigMikeHD

Hey guys first time posting hopefully someone has had this issue, bike runs great but after about 30 min of driving it, specially coming off a highway, the bike doesnt want to idle when i come to a stop.. Mods consist of 103 SE kit, cams, breather, vance true duals into bigshots, and a stage one reflash. bike runs mint until it seems to heat up, most noticeable coming off the highway where the motors been at 3 grand for some time... Im very mechanically inclined but im just new to harleys. thanks for the help!

BigMikeHD,

Welcome to the forum, hope you get your problem solved and you will get a lot of help from the members here. When you say it will not idle what exactly is happening? Idle to high or to low and dying? Any mods done recently that may be part of this problem and does it seem like a fuel or an electrical issue?

I would start out checking for codes.

09-08-07 DTC Codes - Harley Davidson Community

Also could do a search in the search forum bar for 07 Street Glide Problems and see what comes up.

thanks for the info guys, tommorow i will take a look at the stuff listed and i will definatley let you know!

Hey guys first time posting hopefully someone has had this issue, bike runs great but after about 30 min of driving it, specially coming off a highway, the bike doesnt want to idle when i come to a stop..

Two things you may check. There's a service bulletin #0903 "Torque Smoothing Download", that should have been done on an '07. One of the problems it deals with is the idle you describe. I have had the stalling after riding problem also. You can remove the air filter cover and squirt carb cleaner in the Idle Air Control hole, just inside the throttle body at the top. It worked for me, for a while. Yesterday it was stalling again after hot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys first time posting hopefully someone has had this issue, bike runs great but after about 30 min of driving it, specially coming off a highway, the bike doesnt want to idle when i come to a stop..

Two things you may check. There's a service bulletin #0903 "Torque Smoothing Download", that should have been done on an '07. One of the problems it deals with is the idle you describe. I have had the stalling after riding problem also. You can remove the air filter cover and squirt carb cleaner in the Idle Air Control hole, just inside the throttle body at the top. It worked for me, for a while. Yesterday it was stalling again after hot.

Exactly, tho it should have already been done, mine was not and what a change it made, you can check The MOCO web site with your vin pr take it in to the dealer with the vin:s

My 07 will sometimes do the same thing. If I clean the IAC it fixes it. Cycle the valve on and off while squirting the carb cleaner.

Back