free website stats program 07 heritage Tail light Assy | Harley Davidson Forums

07 heritage Tail light Assy

PaulWhite

I have a 2007 Heritage, I am going to change out the fenders over the winter and want to add a Model A tail light and bullet blinkers under the fender struts. Inside the tail light there is a circuit board. Now here is my question. when removing the stock tallilight and blinkers, do I need to keep the circuit board to run the new wires to the the model A taillight and bullet blinkers or can i do away with it. Thanks for the help

From what I can tell and reading the different manauls for my 08 heritage the circuit board acts as a junction block making it easier to plug all the different connectors to and serves no other purpose. I found the following statement in the service Manual.

"The FLST, FLSTC, and FLSTF Softail models are equipped with a tail light assembly that uses a mini harness and circuit board to simplify replacement."

If you are doing away with the stock fenders and lights you should have no need for the circuit board as you will not be using the factory connectors either.

I am not saying postively 100 percent that it serves no other purpose, what I am saying is I can find nothing in the manuals that says it does. If it where me I would check the operation of the new lights without the circuit board in place before doing a final hookup of the new lights and wiring, keeping the circuit board handy if needed but I doubt you will.

thank you for your reply. I also spoke with my harley dealer mechanics and they also said that i shouldn't need it either. but i wanted to ask more thatn just one person. I dind't figure that i would need it either, but just wanted to make sure. cause if i did i had to try to figure out where to mount the curcuit board. thanks again. will post pics of the new fenders when i get them painted and installed

Back