free website stats program 07 FXSTC windscreen? | Harley Davidson Forums

07 FXSTC windscreen?

Grimmy

Hi all. Great site, so much good info. I'm looking for some windscreen advice, suggestions for a 07 Softail Custom. I'm 5'11 and would like to be looking over the top of it (I think). Thanks, Tom

I have a '08 FXSTC. I bought the quick-detach windshield from HD when I bought my bike. The angle of the WS caused a lot of head buffeting at speeds over 60mph. I altered the ws angle by installing some homemade extensions for the lower QD brackets. This moved the top of my ws back about 2.5-3" (and lwered it about 2"). The newer angle eliminated the buffeting at speeds up to 80mph. All in all, I am quite happy using this windshield, and I can take it off in about 30 seconds on short rides... Good luck on whatever windshield you select for your bike.
Remember, Ride Safe...

I have a '08 FXSTC. I bought the quick-detach windshield from HD when I bought my bike. The angle of the WS caused a lot of head buffeting at speeds over 60mph. I altered the ws angle by installing some homemade extensions for the lower QD brackets. This moved the top of my ws back about 2.5-3" (and lwered it about 2"). The newer angle eliminated the buffeting at speeds up to 80mph. All in all, I am quite happy using this windshield, and I can take it off in about 30 seconds on short rides... Good luck on whatever windshield you select for your bike.
Remember, Ride Safe...

I agree, the HD quick detatch / Clip on is great, it fits all hydraulic wide glide forks from 2000 up. It's the only one that detatches without any mounting hardware left on the bike. The rubber ribs on the inside of the clip attachment tend to fall out every once in a while but you can buy eight of the bushings for about $4.

The HD part number for the clear quick-detach windshield is; 59802-05. They also offer a smoked windshield but I do not know what HD part number that is. HD offers a few other quick-detach style windshields for bikes other than softails as well.
Remember, Ride Safe...

PawPaw01 is correct. it's the same one I have. They have all kinds of sizes and stuff but I went for the big clear one because; let's face it,,,,, if your putting this thing on your softie you are riding either a very long distance or in very cold weather, Both of those are temporary situations. At the time I bought it I did not have a RG and I was riding to Sturgis from York PA. I probably still would not have bought it if my dealer did not have the discount wheel in the front of the store that day for clothing and accessories. And I certainly would not have bought it if I did'nt spin and get a 75% off coupon. This thing is $400.00 !!!!!!!!! I'm not cheap but if it's just saving me from cinders and bugs I can buy a box of bandaids for $3 to handle the cinders. And as far as the bugs are concerned I could use the protein. It did make the trip more enjoyable and when I got there I just unclipped it and left it in the tent. The absence of mounting hardware is what makes it the coolest. I do have a few rub marks on my forks but nothing noticeable from more than 3 inches away.

Hi there Grimmy, you need to pick up a HD wish book, they have all shapes and sizes 12 inches to 22 inches high. Personally I look through the top couple of inches and let the wind, bugs and dust pass over top. Good luck on your search.

Thanks for the help guys. I did go to HD last week picked up a catalog and looked at what they had. Haven't decided what I'm gonna do for sure yet but with the morning temps still in the 30-40 deg range I definitely need to get one for the ride to work and for the bugs on the lake country rides.

Back