free website stats program 07 fxstc lowering kit | Harley Davidson Forums

07 fxstc lowering kit

garyp

Purchased a Zodiac lowering kit for my bike. part no 234077. I have the shocks removed but cant figure if the kit bolts directly onto the shock adjuster hence making it longer, or does the adjusting end with the locking bolt remove. Both ways seem possible! thanks

Well, there should be instructions in the kit on what to do?

With ALL the kits that I installed (HD, Ness, others), you remove the shock adjuster "bolt". You actually need a press, you have to press "down" on the bolt, and remove the ring that goes around holding the shock together. There's a lock nut inside the top, releasing that allows removing the bolt. The stock HD bolt has no adjustment for length.

The replacement is either a fixed (longer) length, or is adjustable, but basically goes back together the same way.

But if you don't have instructions, you're gonna have a tough time with this job.

Thanks Chopperdude. Got a fair idea now. We have a hydraulic press at my workplace and I do believe its a circlip holding that end plate with 4 holes
in, once the shock is compressed this clip releases the end with the bolt.
Am I close with this? Really appreciate the help

Thanks Chopperdude. Got a fair idea now. We have a hydraulic press at my workplace and I do believe its a circlip holding that end plate with 4 holes
in, once the shock is compressed this clip releases the end with the bolt.
Am I close with this? Really appreciate the help

Booyah... you nailed it. I had a "brain fart" and couldn't think of the word circlip. lol

But yeah, once you use the press that circlip is the only thing holding that shock together (amazing, huh?).

A word of warning... they use some SERIOUS loctite on that locknut. When you try to bust it loose... it'll be a bear.

Hey man, glad I could help.

I had a Deuce that was lowered between 1-2", and I LOVED it. I know a lot of people say you give up ride quality... I can't say I noticed that much. Of course, it was already lowered when I got it, so I didn't get a before/after feel for it.

But the wife and I rode that thing all over Central Florida for over a year, putting on over 10,000 miles... no complaints.

Back