free website stats program 07 FXST wont hold air on front tire | Harley Davidson Forums

07 FXST wont hold air on front tire

jwhitman07

I have a 07 softail standard with spokes on the front. Ever since I bought the bike(used) I have had problems with the front tire losing air at the valve stem. The dealership charged $80 to fix it by suppossedly putting a tube in it, but it is still leaking at the valve stem.And it has a new rim since they scratched my other one. Is this a common problem?

I have a 07 softail standard with spokes on the front. Ever since I bought the bike(used) I have had problems with the front tire losing air at the valve stem. The dealership charged $80 to fix it by suppossedly putting a tube in it, but it is still leaking at the valve stem.And it has a new rim since they scratched my other one. Is this a common problem?

I must not understand something here ??? ---- They put a tube in and it is still leaking at the valve stem ?????? Can you explain a little bit on that.

I would say they pinched the tube on installation. I would be taking it back to them for a re-do

They claimed to put a tube in it. They also scatched my rim so they had to replace it, so actually this is happening on two differnt rims. Your probally right about them pinching the tub. I do plan on taking it back as soon as i have spare time. I was just wondering if this is common or an isolated event. Thanks for the replies.

Has anyone thought to check the tire for a protuding object such as a small nail or screw.

If the rim and the tube have been replaced, but the tire is still leaking, (assuming they didn't nick the tube when they installed it) there must be something nipping at the inner tube like a nail, screw or rib bone.

Back