free website stats program 07 flht stalling at idle | Harley Davidson Forums

07 flht stalling at idle

fiburnout

have 07 flht standard. arlen ness big sucker stage 1 aircleaner kit just installed. python true duals with stock mufflers for now. went for a ride after installing aircleaner and bike stalls when I come to a stop. starts right back up and runs fine till I come to a stop and idle drops really low and bike stalls. also, I have been told that I do not need to dyno with just the upgrades I have done. Any Help or even a starting point would be great. I do most of my own mechanical and really dont want to go to overpriced dealer..

have 07 flht standard. arlen ness big sucker stage 1 aircleaner kit just installed. python true duals with stock mufflers for now. went for a ride after installing aircleaner and bike stalls when I come to a stop. starts right back up and runs fine till I come to a stop and idle drops really low and bike stalls. also, I have been told that I do not need to dyno with just the upgrades I have done. Any Help or even a starting point would be great. I do most of my own mechanical and really dont want to go to overpriced dealer..

Welcome to The Forum, If you do not have a TFI or a NEW map installed in your ECM DO NOT ride that bike until you have this done, you are running it WAY to lean and you could suffer engine damage

thanks jack. i am going to take off the big sucker for now, put stock aircleaner back on. then the only upgrade i have is true duals with oem stock mufflers. i wil wait the remap/dyno when i get my python mufflers.

If this stalling just started after the air cleaner install, I would suspect that there is a leak causing raw air to enter the venturi at idle and the IAC can't compensate for it and the engine stalls. Running a stock '07 with stock mufflers on Python true dual pipes and a free flowing air filter will not immediately harm the engine. My friend has an '07 with Thunderheader and Screaming Eagle A/C and no fuel adder. He has over 10,000 miles with this set up. I keep telling him he needs to add more fuel. I don't recommend it, but you won't melt the engine, contrary to what I have always thought.

http://www.hdtimeline.com/archive/t-18936.html Have a look here first, it may help:s

Back