free website stats program 07 FLHRC-FLHRP Frame Swap | Harley Davidson Forums

07 FLHRC-FLHRP Frame Swap

Haliotian

Hello

I have an 07 FLHRC Road King Classic that has been branded non-repairable hence the frame needs to be replaced. Does anyone know if an 07 FLHRP Police Model has the same frame? Other years will not retrofit. The 07-08 frames seem to be unique and restricted to these model years only. The frame would have to be an exact match because our DOT rules do not make allowances for any modification to a motorcycle frame. Any and all input would be appreciated. Thanks

Hello

I have an 07 FLHRC Road King Classic that has been branded non-repairable hence the frame needs to be replaced. Does anyone know if an 07 FLHRP Police Model has the same frame? Other years will not retrofit. The 07-08 frames seem to be unique and restricted to these model years only. The frame would have to be an exact match because our DOT rules do not make allowances for any modification to a motorcycle frame. Any and all input would be appreciated. Thanks

You may want to check - if I'm not mistaken the 07 is different than the 08 - the 08's have a 6 gallon gas tank and the 07's have a 5 gallon tank - also the 08 has a different top/front engine mount. Not positive but I believe that the only difference between the 07 FLHRC and the 07 FLHRP would be the wiring harness.

Thanks FXRS....I knew there have been major changes between 06 and 09 frames but
I wasn't sure about the 08's.

Haliotian - There was a major change in the 09's - rear frame section is bolted on / plus a way bigger rear tire comes stock - I think the 08 frame was a one year thing

i have an 05rkp, all the stuff i buy sez 97 - 07. and yes the harness' are not the same.................bw

ps, if you are already down to the frame, go with a new stock harness, unless you plan to keep the cop acc's. lights, siren, radio. that kind of stuff..............bw

Last edited by a moderator:
What does the Motor Vehicle laws state about using a frame that has a different or no serial number stamped in frame when applying for a reconstructed title????

When applying for a reconstructed vehicle title here in Nova Scotia, DMV provides the applicant with a new serial number which is imprinted on a metal tag which is attached to the frame. If your frame is a Harley frame, your title reads Harley and if a Paughco or similiar it will read Paughco or what ever make the frame is. We have to go through a process of inspection and paperwork which takes about 6 weeks.

You can buy a new frame from Harley if you cut the neck with the vin/Ser# off your old bent frame and send it back to Harley. They will make you a new frame with your old Ser#.

Back