free website stats program 07 Fatboy riser changeout | Harley Davidson Forums

07 Fatboy riser changeout

cool2see

Stupid question, but I thought I would ask before I spent some money. I have a 07 fatboy with 1.25 mini apes. I bought some new 1 " Z bars. Im going to get some 4 1/2 pull backs. My question is, can I buy just any (harley style) riser kit. All the ones Ive been seeing are similar to the style on my sportster. Is that the normal style for softails?

Not sure about the styling, but I tried to put 4.5 risers on my 06 Heritage and found out that the cables were just a bit too short. I could tighten everything down, but could not raise the angle of the bars up high enough. Had to take them off and use 2.5s, which work fine. So, point is (you thought I'd never get there), make sure the 4.5s will work, if you haven't already actually put them on.

Cables are long enough, I have 12 inch apes, I going down in size. My question is, will the sportster/dyna style work or do I have to get the more expensive custom type of risers?

Risers should work. When I did mine (Burley Gorilla 1.5") I went with a hidden hardware top clamp from J&P (Millwaukie Twins) which really cleaned it up nice.

Some thing to consider, when changing risers if the kit you use does not have new hardware I would use new at least grade 5 or 8 bolts JMO

Back