free website stats program 07 Factory Alarm | Harley Davidson Forums

07 Factory Alarm

NYHarley

I have been trying to figure out how to use the Factory Alarm on my 07 Night Train, and have had no luck. I have read everything on the forum and in my manual but I still can't get it to work. The only thing that I could do was check my pin number, and there was nothing there so I gave it a pin. As far as arming I am lost. :small3d012:

The newer "buttonless" fobs automatically "arm" when out of proximity of the bike by default (unless dealer or user defeated the factory default auto arm feature) for domestic bikes only (international bikes cannot defeat the auto arm feature).

The older button type you pressed the button for 3 secs and during that time you will see the signal lights flash twice indicating "ARMED". When coming back to your bike a quick "double click" will cause signal lights to flash once indicating "DIS-ARMED".

BTW - if you get the Audible Alarm Module II ($99) for 2007 and up from HD dealer, you will gain the audiable double *chirp* when activated and single *chirp* when deactivated. The Audible Alarm Module I ($99) does not have the *chirp* feature but both have the LOUD 110dB blast that lasts for 3 or 4 minutes and then rearms.

The newer "buttonless" fobs automatically "arm" when out of proximity of the bike by default (unless dealer or user defeated the factory default auto arm feature) for domestic bikes only (international bikes cannot defeat the auto arm feature).

If someone defeated the system how can I turn it back on?

I also heard that if you change the battery, the system needs to be reprogrammed by the dealer. I did recently change the battery, does it need to go to the dealer or can I program it?

I changed the battery in my FOB and did not have to reprogram the system. Are you sure the new battery is good and installed correctly?
:USA

If someone defeated the system how can I turn it back on?

I also heard that if you change the battery, the system needs to be reprogrammed by the dealer. I did recently change the battery, does it need to go to the dealer or can I program it?

Changing the battery should not require you to reprogram...but if you failed to turn on the ignition and immediately pull the main fuse and did not have the fob(s) in the vicinity, you could get a 110dB blast...

Here is the thread for programming alarm security code, if one was not done by the HD dealer (they often use the code outlined in your manual) usually out of convenience.

http://www.hdtimeline.com/alarms_an...ing_using_manual_security_code_both_fobs.html

I am getting no where with this factory alarm. The bike does not arm after shutting it off, nor do I need the FOB present when starting it. It is as if the system is bypassed completely. Are there any fuses for security or a wire that might have been disconnected when the new battery was put in?

Have you thought of checking with the dealer to see if the FOB has been programmed to the bike?

Other than that, look in the schematic to follow the feed and see if there is power to the unit.

Just one simple question.When you shut the bike off do the lights blink twice?

Back