free website stats program 06 street bob ignition problem | Harley Davidson Forums

06 street bob ignition problem

bikertibi

Hello everybody!

I am from Romania so please forgive me if my writing is not so good.
I bought last year a Street Bob from an auction.It was havely crushed.I start to rebuildet an today i put the contact on.For a minute or two everything it was working well, it apaired that the bike was cheking him self, but after that everything stoped.Like there was something blocked.
I think that the original contact(witch is lost) had some kind a chip or something, and after the cheking the electrical sistem has "kiled" him self....if you understant what i mean.
My question is:what can i do?Is ther some posibility to change something on the electrical part, so the bikes computer allow me to start the engine?Or i should change the all system on carburator?
Of course...i did not expect this problem, so i'm searching for the cheapest sollution.In the picture you will see the bike

I hope someone will help me!

Thanks

Dicoi Tiberiu

Attachments

• IMAG0004.jpg
    IMAG0004.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Not quite sure what you are referring to but it sounds like you lost all electrical power???

If so check the battery terminals to see if they are clean and tight.

Because my english is not so good i can not explain my problem.
I think that in the original contatct keys(witch was broken) was some kind of chip...and when the bike computer realise that is not the original contact, it did not recognized and, as some kind of self defense,stoped all the power of the battery.
The fuse are OK,the battery terminals are clean and tight.
Any ideea?

Thanks

Could he be talking about the ECM and it not activating because he does not have the original key fob or the code for using the turn switches? Wouldn't that give him a no start condition? I say that because it sounds like he bought the bike as salvage. Would he now have to purchase a brand new ECM?

Now you understand my problem.
Yes, i bought the bike as salvage.The small black disc with a push button on it exists, but it is brocken.And i dit not get any security code when i bought the bike.
It is posible to deal with this problem without replacing the ECM?How much it cost?I saw on ebay ECM at 800$...plus the shipping to Romania.It's enough to change the TSSM?
I wonder if it is not cheaper to put everything un carburator.

Thanks

So...let me see if i understand it:
i will try to get the pin.
After that, i will have to replace the TSSM and then remarry it with the bike.
Corect?

Monday i will try to find out the code.Now i'm out of town.
But...the first time when the contact was on, on the console appear everythhing...the mileage...the key...etc. At this moment, when the contact is on, the only thing that i see is the neutral and the oil.Nothing else...like a key or something.Is it normal?

Thanks again

Hello again!

Bad news for me.I try to get the PIN code to start it up, but it dit not work.The only light on board is the neutral and the oil.Nothing on the board.

Now, as Glider says, i will have to change the TSSM module.This will come with key fobs?
Is it necesary to change the ECM too?Or it will do with the TSSM?
After buying TSSM it would have to be remarried to the bike.
But I understand that, in any case, i have to go to the dealer because the Fob can only be married to the bike by the dealer, is that corect?
The TSSM has to be a specific one, or it will due one of any kind find on ebay?Has to be new?

If i have to cange the ECM too, i have to search for something particular, maybe new?I found a used one on ebay, from a 07 Street Bob.Will match mine?

Thank you verry much

Last edited by a moderator:
Back