free website stats program 06 softtail standard starts /wont accl. | Harley Davidson Forums

06 softtail standard starts /wont accl.

tucker1967

this bike has always been super depend.went to ride wont go .codes/b1004 always been there.u1016/u1064/u1300. all serial data prob. dont understand.

Serial data codes mean that particular module is not communicating with the PCM for some reason.

Is you Bike carbureted?
Does the fuel gauge or low fuel light work?

Have you started at the battery cables on both ends for clean and secure connections???

Serial data codes mean that particular module is not communicating with the PCM for some reason.

Is you Bike carbureted?
Does the fuel gauge or low fuel light work?
sorry took so long to reply.holidays!the bike is efi and the fuel gauge never worked but the low fuel light does work.

If my bike would start but not accelerate I think my first thought would be to check the throttle cables to make sure there wasn't a break or that they have not come undone at the throttle plate.

HD06FXST010.gif
Fuel injected? If it looks like this behind your air filter check for ease of movement where the cables attatch and look for bent or broken pieces, try to grab and snap the throttle where the cables hook up, does the engine RPM go up and down easy?

2006 softtail stan. it will start but when you throttle it itpops and dies. pulled codes /b1004/u1016/u1064/u1300. serial data codes. dont get it.the low fuel light works but the gauge never has.it is efi .all of the batt. term. tight.

First like Jack asked is it fuel injected? or Carburetor?
did you clear codes and do they come back?
How many miles on bike?
any modifications on bike?

The OP stated in post #4 & #8 that the bike is efi. I don't want to insult but have you checked the fuel level? Does the pump run and stop when you turn the ignition on?

Back