free website stats program 06 roadking tranny oil | Harley Davidson Forums

06 roadking tranny oil

HOLY DIVER

just bought an 06 road king friday night....and i love it! only thing i can hear 4th gear a little more than the rest i'm not going to call it a whine because its not that loud at all just can tell alittle difference between it and the rest of the gears....i ordered some fully synthetic spectro 5speed tranny oil will this solve the issue? it has H-D primary/tranny oil in it now. i've herd how good the 6speed spectro is for solving 5th gear whine on 6speed trannys but mine is a 5 so i was reluctant to order it because mine is a 5speed,i'm thinking just forget it and ride it,what u guys think?

My 08 Ultra Classic 6 speed has some whine. I thought it was just normal though. Interesting how different oils may work. I was thinking of using the screaming eagle
S3 synthetic, like I have in engine. I will post any difference I note. I can't see how changing will hurt anything, good luck and post any noticable difference.

redline makes a heavy shockproof oil thats a pinkish color that works great i can barely hear the tranny when i put it into first and not at all while shifting or riding you can locate dealers thru their website

just bought an 06 road king friday night....and i love it! only thing i can hear 4th gear a little more than the rest i'm not going to call it a whine because its not that loud at all just can tell alittle difference between it and the rest of the gears....i ordered some fully synthetic spectro 5speed tranny oil will this solve the issue? it has H-D primary/tranny oil in it now. i've herd how good the 6speed spectro is for solving 5th gear whine on 6speed trannys but mine is a 5 so i was reluctant to order it because mine is a 5speed,i'm thinking just forget it and ride it,what u guys think?
Congratulation on the Road King. Go ahead and put the Spectro in the tranny. You will be glad you did. Tranny will work smoother and quieter. I've been using it a couple years myself and feel its best thing I've ever put in there.:D

. I was thinking of using the screaming eagle
S3 synthetic, like I have in engine. I will post any difference I note. I can't see how changing will hurt anything, good luck and post any noticable difference.

Syn 3 is a blend and not a true synthetic. Even the harley dealers push the Formula+ instead of the Syn 3 in the trans except for the lazy ones that use Syn 3 in all 3 areas.
Use the Spectro or Redline shockproof heavy but NOT the Syn 3. It's not a good oil for much.

I've recently changed my trans. fluid from whatever the dealer put in to Spectro 6speed trans oil and I'm loving it, the shifts are smoother (especially with a warm engine) and the 5th gear whine is gone up to a point that you'd have to listen very carefully to pick it up..

Definately worth the few extra €'s..

Kris

You can use either of the Spectro trans oils in a 5 speed. The difference is the additive they put in it for the helical gears in the 6 speeds but it will work fine in a 5 speed.

thanks for the imput everyone i'll use the spectro 5-speed and post results

just put the spectro in the tranny.....wow what a difference! i don't hear a thing from the tranny now...seems to shift alittle better....i just wish there was a spectro dealer around here so i wouldn't have to pay shipping but hay i was well worth the $$$

Last edited by a moderator:
Back