free website stats program 06 Road Glide ~ Still Has Issues | Harley Davidson Forums

06 Road Glide ~ Still Has Issues

Doak-A-Hey

I have 25K+ miles on this bike and continue to experience problems with it running smoothly. A year ago it started exhibiting several of the Intake Manifold Leak characteristics noted in Glider's Thread and a FL Dealer replaced the induction manifold gaskets, the CKP sensor and did a pull-down leak test on it this past November. The bike ran fine for about 3 months. Engine started idling & running rough and was getting more pronounced the more I rode it. I am now in TX and had a local shop (with a certified HD mechanic) look at it and they replaced the TPS which really improved the rough performance but it still misses when you get flat on the throttle in any gear, at any rpm. Bike accelerates well but once you start riding at a steady speed, it starts missing. No error codes and the local shop says they have no ideas other than to start 'throwing money at it'. Mostly stock with a Stage I high flow air filter, HD Slip-On Exhausts, V&H Fuel Pak (replaced it this past October, just in case) Any ideas would be appreciated.

Hi Glider,
Thanks for the idea but I had just read your thread yesterday before I wrote the one above (along with most of your articles on anything that I thought might be even vaguely related to what's going on . . . about 5 hrs. worth). After reading it I went out and verified the wiring was correct and the W/Y is on the front injector. My wife has an 02 FatBoy and I swapped plugs with it, no change. What would allow the bike to accelerate really well but sputter when you flatten the throttle? Appreciate your help and suggestions. This is a great forum for folks looking for answers that they can't get from the dealer.
By the way: Doak-A-Hey is Lokota Sioux for "Let's Ride"!

It sounds like a possible ignition problem like maybe plug wires. Have you checked resistance in the wires?

do you still have the stock ecm????
could be the fuel pak.
try putting the stock ecm back in and riding it if you still have it that will more then likely solve the problem.
then get a TTS or SERT and load a stg 1 map in there
G

Took the bike back to the local shop with the Fuel Pak unplugged and had them change the plugs, wires and the in-tank fuel filter (since I was @ 25K miles). One wire had a rub-through spot on it and the filter was loaded with crud. Shop rode the bike for over 30 miles with no sputtering/missing. I picked up the bike last night and rode it for about 10 miles (ran OK); topped off the tank, plugged the Fuel Pak back in and rode it home with no issues.
Took it out this morning and rode about 30 miles and it started doing it again. (AAAGGGGHHHH! !) Unplugged the Fuel Pak and it continues to miss & sputter; backfired through with exhaust once when climbing a hill on the way home. Any other ideas?

do you still have the stock ecm????
could be the fuel pak.
try putting the stock ecm back in and riding it if you still have it that will more then likely solve the problem.
then get a TTS or SERT and load a stg 1 map in there
G
Still have the Stock ECM program. Had unplugged the fuel pak more than once over the last month or so to no avail. Did find a couple things in the above reply to Glider. May just go pay Harley for the Stage 1 upgrade and throw the fuel pak away. Appreciate any other ideas you might have.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Back