free website stats program 06 Electra glide Vance and Hines Classic slip ons | Harley Davidson Forums

06 Electra glide Vance and Hines Classic slip ons

hsoj10

I have an 06 Electra Glide with Vance and Hines Classic slip ons with the cone shaped tips. The baffles in the mufflers are shot. My question is, I have the ability to build some new baffles myself. Would the back pressure be effected as long as I keep the diameter of the baffles the same(keep the muffler constricted down to the same size baffle)?

Looking at Vance and Hines site there does not appear to have listings for baffles only baffle wrap.
You may want to contact them:
Vance & Hines
13861 Rosecrans Ave.
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
Phone: (562) 921-7461
Fax: (562) 802-0110

Looking at Vance and Hines site there does not appear to have listings for baffles only baffle wrap.
You may want to contact them:
Vance & Hines
13861 Rosecrans Ave.
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
Phone: (562) 921-7461
Fax: (562) 802-0110

I knew I could call them to get baffles! My question was, I can build some new baffles myself. Will it work as long as I make sure the baffle I make have the same diameter inlet and outlet as the stock baffles? This should keep back pressure the same if my thinking is correct.

I knew I could call them to get baffles! My question was, I can build some new baffles myself. Will it work as long as I make sure the baffle I make have the same diameter inlet and outlet as the stock baffles? This should keep back pressure the same if my thinking is correct.

In my experience most of the baffles in the pipes that I have had are full of louvered holes which effect sound and back pressure. That is the reason for suggesting to contact Vance and Hines.

Back