free website stats program 06 alarm ? | Harley Davidson Forums

06 alarm ?

mark72

I have a 2006 with the factory alarm. When I activate the alarm the lights flash as its supose to but there is no cherp as described in the owners manual. Can anybody tell me where the alarm is located so I can check the connection or maybe why this is happening. Thanks,Mark

I think the owners manual say's something about an alarm module which is an option. You may not have it installed.

I think your just activating the security. When activated the bike is disabled and the lights will flash if the bike is tamperd with, but there won't be any audible alarm. The alarm is extra.

I have a 2006 with the factory alarm. When I activate the alarm the lights flash as its supose to but there is no cherp as described in the owners manual. Can anybody tell me where the alarm is located so I can check the connection or maybe why this is happening. Thanks,Mark

As the folks above have pointed out, the siren module is optional. But it is a VERY easy plug and play. Go buy the one for your bike - about a hundred dollars (HD, get it?) - I can't remember if that is the Siren II or the original for the '06, and follow the instructions. Takes about 10 minutes!!

TQ

I believe if you install the Security Module II it will add the "audible portion" and *chirp* prompt when the system is activated...! The 2006 also started the year of the "buttonless" fobs including the "auto-activation or deactivation" user programming mode)domestic models only...International version is auto-activation only and activates if fob moves away from the bike.

Last edited:
I believe you have the "old" style of alarm system, with the push button fob. The audible alarm is a added option. You failed to mention which bike you have. If you have a touring model, it would be located behind the right side cover,behind the elec. caddy. If a dyna or softail, it would be located under the seat. If you want a alarm, you can get either version available depending on what you want it to do. Good luck.
Jim
Dum me. Just noticed you photo of the ultra, so it behind right side cover, elec. caddy.

Last edited:
Are you sure u have the alarm. You may just have the ignition dissable and not the alarm. My bike just has the ignition dissable and not the alarm and does just what u describe.

Are you sure u have the alarm. You may just have the ignition dissable and not the alarm. My bike just has the ignition dissable and not the alarm and does just what u describe.

If I'm not mistaken even with the chirp disabled it will still chirp twice when armed and blink when moved. Without the module it will only flash at least when armed or moved on my 08.

Back