free website stats program 05 Ultra - Directional Problem | Harley Davidson Forums

05 Ultra - Directional Problem

sal537

got this bike used, everything been great till yesterday and left directional stopped on me. Front dir was on but indicator and back were out with a faint blinking in the front one. took back cover off to change bulb and its LED(no bulb to change) Could a loose wire on the indicator cause the back bulb to go out as I did add a amp and speakers recently?

There's a number of things including a loose wire that can make the light go out but look under the fender for signs of the tire rubbing through the harness there. You have to test of power in the light socket and also for ground too.

Do you have a connector plug in the wiring to the lights? You can back track to the plug under the seat for starters and go from there.

try that thanks, also noticed when i put alarm on both dir indicators used to light now the left doesnt.

As Glider suggested the directional is tied into the harness at some point. Work your way to that point and do some checking with a test light or multimeter.

got this bike used, everything been great till yesterday and left directional stopped on me. Front dir was on but indicator and back were out with a faint blinking in the front one. took back cover off to change bulb and its LED(no bulb to change) Could a loose wire on the indicator cause the back bulb to go out as I did add a amp and speakers recently?

Retrace your install of the amp for pinched wires first JMO:s

found two trouble codes, b1121 and u1097. looked them up , what does loss of speedometer seriel data mean?

Back