free website stats program 05 superglide question (front end torque specs needed) | Harley Davidson Forums

05 superglide question (front end torque specs needed)

ta2ed

A friend of mine just bought an 05 superglide that has sustained front end damage. I am going to help him replace all of the parts on it & was wondering if anyone on here happened to have the torque specs on pretty much everything from the tripple trees on.
Any help would be greatly appreciated,thank you
Frank

A friend of mine just bought an 05 superglide that has sustained front end damage. I am going to help him replace all of the parts on it & was wondering if anyone on here happened to have the torque specs on pretty much everything from the tripple trees on.
Any help would be greatly appreciated,thank you
Frank

Frank,

Check this out:

Bolt Torque Values - Harley Davidson Community

I would strongly recommend that you guys get the HD Factory Service Manual for the bike. The HD Parts manual for the bike is a NICE TO HAVE, but not essential. It does help make sure the guy at the parts counter is at least looking for the right part in the back.

Also, since the bike has been in a wreck, make sure you inspect VERY carefully anything that is going to be reused from the original parts. The chassis neck and frame welds at the neck should be inspected for hairline cracks (black light with dye, or magnaflux). If you are reusing any of the tripple-tree components, check them very carefully to make sure they are not damaged or bent.

Good luck.

TQ

Thanks for the info & the advice TQ I really appreciate it. I told him he needed to get a service manual for it. We are replacing the tripple trees ,handlebars,forks,fender ,& headight bracket.........it was a low speed crash,but still gonna have the frame looked at also. He did get a sweetheart deal on it 4k........2,600 miles

I also have a Super Glide front end question. Last night I drained the fork oil from my right side (as I sit on the bike) and as I took off the top cap it "jumped" across my shop. The spring is protruding from the tube about an inch or so. The manual didn't say anything about this. Is it normal for the spring to extend out of the tube? Will the left side be the same? I'm so confused!! HELP!!

You're supposed to have the bike on a lift to relieve the spring tension and even at that some models have a bit of tension on the cap anyway.

Back