free website stats program 05 Sportster 1200 Electrical Problem Fuses | Harley Davidson Forums

05 Sportster 1200 Electrical Problem Fuses

carjock4u

I have a 2005 Harley Sportster 1200 XL Custom. I purchased the bike about 3months ago. The original battery was completely dead. I bought a new battery and it would not stay charged. I tested the stator with an ohm meter and it was putting out the correct voltage. I tried to jump it with a battery charger on 40 amp boost. It blew a fuse that controls the odometer. I replaced the fuse and it blew again. I installed another new battery and the bike cranks right up but the speedometer, odometer is inoperable.

All the fuses are good, since I replaced them and I checked them with a test light. The bottom right one is dead though (no power on either side of the fuse). I've checked for melted wires or burnt spots on the frame and haven't found any.

I need the fuse diagram and electrical diagram for this bike. Any suggestions as to what I shorted out? Is there any fusable links on this bike, or any other fuses besides what's in the fuse panel to the right of the battery, Tks

The speedo or its connections may be at fault.
this shows the fuses and their positions, hope it helps.

By the way, welcome to the forum.

Attachments

• Fuses.jpg
    Fuses.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 98
Tks for the attachment but this doesn't look like mine. Is there a different fuse chart for my 2005 Sportster 1200 Custom Xl, Tks Again

Back